The Police Public Relations Officer of Borno command, Edet Okon has confirmed that four persons were killed and six others injured in a suspected Boko Haram attack in Borno.
He said the terrorists raided Tunkushe village in Konduga local government area of Borno State on Friday.
“At about 0100hrs, gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists attacked Tunkushe village in Konduga. Four persons were killed in the attack,” he said.
Okon said that the command had deployed more personnel to strengthen security while normalcy had been restored within the area.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that a male suicide bomber also detonated an Improvised Explosive Device(IED), among group of residents sleeping in an open place in the area.
Bukar Dalorima, a resident in the area who confirmed the attack, told NAN that the bomb blast was followed by indiscriminate shooting from the insurgents.
Dalorima said that the many residents were injured and several were killed.